Christina became partner of GDP Global Development in 2005 when leaving Invest in Sweden Agency (ISA – now Business Sweden). With 20 years dedicated to investment promotion, she has successfully undertaken multiple strategic consulting and training assignments in investment promotion for national and regional governments, embassies and IPAs across 70 countries on the five continents, and also worked with multilateral organisations. She specialises in investment promotion agency start-up and reorganisation, national FDI strategies, policy advocacy FDI and sector strategies, corporate business development/lead generation and performance measurement, and monitoring & evaluation.
With 30 years of international trade and investment experience from both private and public sectors in activities ranging from manufacturing to services i.e. production, tourism, outsourcing, logistics/shipping, exports and trade, sales and marketing, advertising and journalism, Christina is a pragmatic, hands-on and results-oriented professional.
• Co-founder and senior executive of Invest in Sweden Agency, ISA Stockholm since the start up in 1995. Member of the ISA executive management group 1995-2005. (Now Business Sweden.)
• She established and was the executive director of the ISA UK office in London 1999-2005. Early on ISA developed from an information and marketing oriented government agency to a focused sales organisation with clearly defined mandate, strategy, goals, products, markets and performance measurement models and management tools.
• Strategic and operational focus; devising and launching new markets, sector and cluster initiatives and studies; Technology and sector programmes; investor targeting and strategic collaboration programmes;
• Investment promotion: sector feasibility studies, market studies, perception studies, market intelligence & research, Performance evaluation of
results, policy advocacy and CRM development.
• Investor services and facilitation: creating investor services units, regional cooperation and servicing agreements; networks of national and international corporate advisors. Implementing proactive sales culture to secure investment deals.
• Location image building & marketing: Positioning of countries and regions, image building of location, marketing tools; technology marketing
programmes; events. media and PR programmes.
• Investment promotion performance and results: Roll-out and implementation of performance evaluation system and balanced score card. She has led around 350 investment projects.
• Investment Promotion Capacity building: Delivered training at multiple GDP Global public courses in London and in-house client programmes for national, regional and city investment promotion agencies across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Latin & Central America.
• Investor Targeting Manual: Co-wrote a 200-page manual for UNCTAD translated into Spanish, French, Portuguese
• From time to time she provides technical assistance assignment for UNCTAD, World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
• To date Christina has undertaken international investment and trade assignments in over 70 countries on all continents.
• Christina is multicultural and trilingual in English, Spanish and Swedish, and speaks good French.
Marketing Management Economist/DRMI. Berghs
School of Communication (Sweden)
• Bachelor in Ecomy. Östra Real Gymnasium (Sweden)
• Spanish, English, French, Centro de Estudios Superiors,
• Swedish. Native
• English. Bilingual
• Spanish. Bilingual
• French. Good