Tracye McDaniel is a recognized trailblazer who has led successful public and private economic
development organizations at the state and regional level under five governors in two states.
She has been a trusted advisor to CEOs, nonprofits, public organizations, and private
enterprises for more than three decades. Tracye has earned a reputation of creating mutually
beneficial strategic partnerships among leaders across a broad spectrum of industries.
Prior to joining TIP Strategies, Tracye founded McDaniel Strategy Ecosystems and served as
president and CEO for two separate state-level marketing and lead-generation organizations:
first in New Jersey (where she was appointed by then newly elected New Jersey governor,
Chris Christie, and business leaders to serve as the founding CEO of Choose New Jersey) and
later in Texas (where she headed up the Texas Economic Development Corporation). Her
expertise in international business development and marketing spans more than 50 countries.
Tracye also served as executive vice president and COO of the Greater Houston Partnership,
Houston’s most influential business organization. During her tenure she refined and implemented
the organization’s 10-year strategic plan and teamed with business leaders to raise more than
$32 million and to devise and execute Opportunity Houston, the organization’s successful
economic development global marketing and lead generation initiative.
Tracye is known for building accomplished teams that get results. She is a sought-after speaker,
presenting to national and international audiences, and has published and appeared in global
publications and news outlets.
– BS in Communications, University of Texas at Austin
– Regional economic development planning and execution: Greater Houston Partnership,
– Economic development marketing and fundraising: Opportunity Houston, Houston,
– State-level public-private partnerships for economic development: Choose New Jersey,
Princeton, NJ; TexasOne–Texas Economic Development Corporation, Austin, TX.
– Economic development marketing: Texas Wide Open for Business, Office of the
Governor Economic Development and Tourism, Austin, TX.
– Tourism development and marketing: Texas: It’s Like A Whole Other Country, Texas
Department of Economic Development and Tourism, Austin, TX.
– International/domestic market development
– Business recruitment, expansion and retention
– Econ. devt. marketing
– Tourism development and marketing
– Fundraising strategies
– Workforce strategies
– Regional economic devt.
– State and regional public-private p’ships
– Current Board Chair, International Economic Development Council
– Member, Texas Economic Development Council
– Fellow, Ford Foundation Regional Sustain. Devt.
– Board of Directors, NJ Chapter of the NAIOP
– Appointed, Council on Innovation
– Appointed, NJ Military Installation Growth and Development Task Force
– Board member (former), Texas Economic Development Corp.